- The Wreck of the 104
- 32 Indian and Pioneer Trails in the North Coast range – compiled by R. L. Benson
- Shoot-out at the Sophie Mozee homestead!
- How to avoid becoming a statistic in the Oregon Forests
- Hindu gems hidden in the hills above Scappoose.
- What the Indians really smoked in their peace pipes.
- My “deliverance” hike on Cronin Creek
- Close encounters with an Alder
- Kamaiakin and the Klickitat Wars of 1855-56
- Following the Golden Rule
- Timber Legacies 4: The Timber Wars
- The first big environmental battle in Oregon’s brewing timber wars.
- Two Spirit Woman: the Kootenai Doomsday Prophetess
- The Chinook Canoe
- Of dogs, children and economy
- What the mushrooms think about “being late”.
- Chief Cowaniah and the Klickitat Raiders
- A different perspective on walking in the woods…
- The Tualatin Hills are not just “a walk in the woods”!
- Pisgah Home Road – what’s behind this curious name?
- Portland landscape 200 years ago.
- “Sauvie” Island? Why not “Logie’s Island” or even “Wapato Island”?
- Lumberjack Legacies 3 – The unstoppable meets the impenetrable
- Lumberjack Legacies 2 – Dr. McLoughlin’s Hawaiian lumber trade.
- Lumberjack Legacies 1 – Letting Light into the Swamp
Setting up and maintaining the information behind this site is a huge undertaking, and any contribution that you can make to cover expenses would be most gratefully accepted. Happy Trails, Jim Thayer