- Timber Legacies 4: The Timber Wars
- The first big environmental battle in Oregon’s brewing timber wars.
- Two Spirit Woman: the Kootenai Doomsday Prophetess
- The Chinook Canoe
- Of dogs, children and economy
- What the mushrooms think about “being late”.
- Chief Cowaniah and the Klickitat Raiders
- A different perspective on walking in the woods…
- The Tualatin Hills are not just “a walk in the woods”!
- Pisgah Home Road – what’s behind this curious name?
- Portland landscape 200 years ago.
- “Sauvie” Island? Why not “Logie’s Island” or even “Wapato Island”?
- Lumberjack Legacies 3 – The unstoppable meets the impenetrable
- Lumberjack Legacies 2 – Dr. McLoughlin’s Hawaiian lumber trade.
- Lumberjack Legacies 1 – Letting Light into the Swamp
- When Bullwhackers reigned supreme
- Forgotten corner of Oregon
- Mud is us!
- Contagion – could it happen here? It did!
- You may never appreciate a clear-cut, but…
- Rediscovering David Thompson: he mapped the transcontinental canoe route down the Columbia River!
- Hurting the earth as little as possible – in memory of Randy Hodges
- Rock Creek – one of the prettiest streams in the North Coast!
- Wishing for a mattress sandwich on a hot August day…
- Gyppo logging
Setting up and maintaining the information behind this site is a huge undertaking, and any contribution that you can make to cover expenses would be most gratefully accepted. Happy Trails, Jim Thayer